Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 4th 2016

This was such a great week!
I loved general conference. Seriously every minute of it was so amazing. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful counsel we got! It was so fun to watch it at the church with the missionaries. We had a potluck with the missionaries in our area between Saturday Sessions and that was a ton of fun! I made grilled cheese, bc we had so much cheese and grilled cheese is the best!! For the Sunday Morning session we watched it at the Sabourin's house, which I love them tons. And the Bairds came! Bro Sabourin made the yummiest breakfast in the whole world. It was good to have the Bairds watch there! Their baptism is this weekend and I am so excited!! So are they(: They went to a baptism of a family friend on saturday so that's awesome. It'll be a good week(:
We also had exchanges this week so that was fun to work with Sister Nixon in her area. Exchanges are fun to switch things up for the day. Although we all stayed at their apartment so I slept on their couch and had a terrible night sleeping. It was not comfortable at all! So I was tired all day, exchanges kind of just really wear you out! New people all day, a new place and just wow they are exhausting. But it was good. Oh and Mama B (we live with her) had us over for dinner that night and she made soup and she told us that it was porcupine soup and I was so scared to eat it!! I was seriously freaking out but then she told us she was just kidding, thank goodness!!! 
Wow I can't even think of anything else that happened this week. I am so sick of the cold weather, I just want it to be warm already! But summer will come soon enough and then I will be wanting the cold back. 
We have been finding so many cool new people to teach lately as we have been making sure we teach the first vision to everyone. It's been so cool. We are finding those that really want to learn more and have sincere intent and desire. It's so cool. I can't wait for people to really start progressing! We have a lot of people that we are just starting to teach so good things are coming soon! Green Bay is an amazing area, and seriously I wish I could just stay here forever. This transfer ends next week and I bet I will be here for one more but then I will probably be transferred and that makes me so sad. I just love the people here so much! Too bad you can't just stay in one area your whole mission. Although I know I will love my other areas just as much. Green Bay just has so much growth happening, it's amazing! 
Oh and also our investigator that has been out of town for a month and a half is finally back so hopefully we can start teaching her again! She is the one that we had a church tour with and she wanted to do the lessons at the church so that she could feel the spirit there so I hope she still wants to learn!! 
I love you all so much, and I hope you have the best week!

No comments:

Post a Comment