Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 7, 2016

Well it was another really great week(:
It snowed like twice this week and one day (I think Saturday..?) it snowed like 3 or 4 inches so we had to shovel lots so that's cool, but then by that night it pretty much all melted and I think spring may finally be coming!! It's so warm today though! It's in the 50's so we didn't wear tights today, which is just absolutely wonderful. I am so so sick of wearing tights and leggings and so many layers, I can't wait for it to stay warm!
Also guess what. So our zone is doing March Madness, for working out. So you get points for whatever you do during our workout hour and then the Zone Leaders made a bracket for everyone so we are against different companionships each week. And even though we aren't against everyone right now, guess who had the very highest score this week. That's right-me and Sister Gifford!! We are gonna beat everyone. We are working out so hard and it's wonderful. Also we went and played basketball with the Elders this morning bc they begged us to come, and I am so bad. I have no idea what's even going on half the time so that's cool. But Sis Gifford is so good! I think I made like one  basket the whole time-hahaha. Oh well! Our zone is lots of fun. 
Also peeps are in season so it's obviously the best time of the entire year!! They also have flavors now so we got some and there is a bubblegum flavor that is so delicious and I wish I wasn't a poor missionary so I could buy a million. bahahah. 
We reset the B's baptism date to April 9, so that's good! We had 2 lessons with them this week and they were so great. We asked them if they had noticed any blessings in their lives since reading the BOM everyday and S said she has noticed lots! She said she has been able to focus a lot more in school and  she's been getting better grades and doing lots better in school! She said it's also helped her to not procrastinate! She is progressing so much, it's amazing. They are the coolest family. I love them tons and I just cannot wait for them to be baptized and then for them to work towards the temple(: It's so wonderful to see the change in their lives as they do these things to come closer to Christ. It just shows how important the gospel is in our lives, and how much it can really change us. It's amazing. I am so thankful I have the gospel in my life!!
We have a goal as a mission to share the first vision with 2 new people everyday for all of March. And let me tell you that is hard!! But as we have gone out and made the effort to share it with everyone it's been really cool. The spirit is really so strong when you share the first vision and it's cool to see people recognize that and then agree to learn more. A lot of people just don't want to talk to us- but oh well(; Also weird thing- but a few times while tracting these past few weeks we have been tracting just hours after Jehovah's Witnesses have knocked the same doors- which is kind of annoying bc people always say oh no you just came by! And we are like umm no that was not the same! But usually the same people listen to us as listened to them, so hopefully we are making an impact! It's crazy how many other churches are out there.. Being from Utah it's like being LDS is the only religion and that's like all there is- you know there's a chapel on like every block! Well out here there's just as many churches but it's all different churches instead of LDS! And people are so very stuck in their ways, but we are planting seeds and also giving people the opportunity to choose, so that's good. 
I am just so thankful I have this opportunity to come and serve the Lord. What an amazing work this is- and I love being apart of it! It's hard work- but it's beyond worth it. I hope you all have a great week, I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment