Monday, December 7, 2015

1st Week in Wisconsin



Hi Everyone,
So my companion is Sister Adams-Hart. She is great! We had to drive to green bay on Wednesday so we drove for like 2 and a half hours and then we had to wait for them to drive some of my luggage up here since it didn't all fit in the car. (we were driving other sisters also) so we waited at the church, and then they had a stake activity there so we were just at the church that whole first night which was actually really nice. But since pday wasn't until today I had to just eat the food my companion has and so I ate toast for breakfast everyday and it wasn't that good but oh well, because I can go buy my own food today! We did go to Jimmy John's for lunch the other day so I was really happy about that! Also we live with a member. Sister B. She has a daughter in the Salt Lake City mission and she served in Eagle Mountain for a little so weird we just like switched places!  I like living with a member. We share a kitchen. I sleep on the top bunk and the bottom of it is cardboard and it's like cracking and breaking and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fall through one of these days!  Our address is 2033 London Road Green Bay Wisconsin 54311 so write me some letters! Also we had another ward party on Friday night and that was so much fun! I got to meet everyone in the ward and even one of our investigators (a 15 year old girl named S) came and she brought her friend V, and V's mom and they loved the activity! We got her mom’s number but she isn't in our ward so we will have to refer her to the other missionaries but still, it was awesome. We were going to invite S to be baptized last night along with her little brother T but they cancelled our appt last minute bc their dad wanted to go out to eat for his birthday. But we are going to meet with them on Friday now so hopefully that goes well! Also everyone in Wisconsin has a dog. Also I thought Jed would like to know they do have skiing here. But only ski hills. They have ropes to pull you up the hills and then you can ski down but they like aren't even as big as the silver lake hill so that's sad. There also isn't any snow. Everyone says we have a mild winter in store. It hasn't been colder than like 40 degrees and it isn't supposed to snow for another little while. Also for exercise we get an hour in the morning. We went for a run one day. Then we play volleyball some mornings with the other missionaries which is so fun! We played after the ward party Friday night also. (I am getting pretty good(; ) ok, not really, but I am getting lots better! hahah. It's really fun. Also It was so nice to have Elder and Sister Reed that are in grandma Killian's ward there at the airport and with me my first 2 days. They are so nice and Sister Reed gave me hugs and it was so nice. Also there is an Elder here (I forgot his last name) but he is also in Grandma's ward! He is companions with one of the elders in my MTC district so that was cool! I also love morning studies. Really, I wish we could just study all day sometimes. I have just learned so many good things. The Christmas Devotional last night was amazing! I am so glad we got to go. We watched it at the church, and only the missionaries were there so that was funny. But it was just so wonderful and the spirit really taught me so many things that they didn't even say in the actual talks. But it was everything I needed to hear. The spirit is so cool that way. It helps me so much and I am so thankful I have it as a companion here. It can get really hard at some moments, which is why I am so thankful for prayer and the Holy Ghost, because that's how I get through the days! I really am happy and loving it, but in moments I really struggle. Fasting yesterday helped a lot. Which is saying a lot bc I hate fasting and I like never do it. But it was really good for me. I fasted for Jake also (so did my companion). I hope his surgery coming up goes well, and I hope he is doing well. Well I think that's all for now, but I love you all so much!!!
Love, Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment