Monday, December 14, 2015

This week was so great! Living with Sister B (we call her Mama B) is great. Last pday we played rummikub and that was fun! She cooked us dinner last night and it was delicious and she had the yummiest rolls and I ate 4 because they were so GOOD! Also she let us help decorate the Christmas tree last night which made me so happy! We also volunteer on wednesdays at this place called St. Vincent's (it's like the DI) so we bought ourselves a small Christmas tree for like 80 cents. It's great. Someone gave us a bunch of cupcakes with santa and reindeer rings on them so we used those as the ornaments. I'll send a picture of it next week. I forgot my camera today... But it's the cutest little tree. everyone keeps giving us treats, so for a while we had a bunch of cookies and brownies and cupcakes and so much stuff but we gave a lot of it to investigators and they loved it so it was great. Also last week at a dinner we had enchiladas a lot like how mom makes them, they obviously weren't nearly as good but it still made me happy and made me feel more at home. Also I love Wisconsin bc there are squirrels EVERYWHERE. I see so many everyday and it's the greatest thing ever!! But there is still no snow and I think everyone lied about Wisconsin being so cold bc it's like 50 degrees everyday. It's so weird!! I want snow already. It's just been raining all weekend and I am sad that it isn't snow! But oh well. I will probably wish I hadn't said that once it finally does get really cold, I should be thankful for this warmth and I am! 
Also we are teaching a lot of really great people. I think I talked a little bit about S and T last week, I can't remember. But they are brother and sisters and their parents are less active. We set baptism dates with them this week!!! The problem is their parents aren't involved at all and they don't really care so we have to get them on board in order to make it happen. They are great kids, and I love them so much. They really want to be at church, and S is scared to get baptized but the more we teach her the more she understands and the more excited she gets. T just cannot wait to be baptized! Everytime he prays he asks to be baptized and it's so cool. Also we are teaching this girl M, she's an x-ray tech so she has been telling me about that bc that would be something cool I might want to do! She is really cool. We taught her about temples and family history, and eternal marriage and she loved it! She even said she knows the Book of Mormon is the word of God and she believes Joseph Smith is a true prophet, but she declined our bapstismal invite! she is catholic so she wants to piece it all together so we are trying to help her understand. She is loving everything we teach though, so that's great. Also we are teaching this family, the mom is named C and they have the cutest little kids i have ever seen. Seriously. But C is SO smart so she just picks up everything we teach. We taught the plan of salvation yesterday and she wanted to know what the root words are of all the kingdoms of glory so we had to look in a dictionary and figure it out with her. It was actually kind of cool. Then she wanted to know if Jesus and God cry, so we showed her scriptures where they do. She just asks questions that we have never even thought of! But that's good, it means she wants to learn! On saturdays we go read the Book of Mormon with this sweet lady, C. Her husband is passed away and her son is in jail, so she needs the company. It's really cool to read with her. She learns a lot and understands it really well also! She lost her job recently, but is so positive and giving still. She got me and Sis Adams-Hart Christmas presents. She is so nice, we want to go visit her on Christmas and bring her cookies. We decided that's what we will do on Christmas. Make cookies, and take them to the widows in the ward and spend some time with them. It'll be great.
Also I have been reading my patriarchal blessing a lot, and holy cow does it say a lot of things pertaining to a mission. I highlighted everything that is doing with my mission and yeah, it's a lot. I never would have even known  that's what a lot of things were talking about if I wouldn't have come on a mission! I never thought it said anything about a mission but boy was i wrong. 
This morning we were playing volleyball with lots of the Elders in our zone and we had the door in the church gym open bc it was getting hot but it was raining so the floor was a little wet by the door and one of the Elders ran by the door and slipped and sliced his leg open. My companion told everyone I was a medical assistant so they made me look at it. They all were freaking out and saying he would need stitches so I was scared to look! it was really bad, and pretty deep but he definitely did not need stitches. It sure looked like it hurt though! Poor kid. hahah. 
Also mom wanted to know what my schedule was like, so here it goes.
We wake up at 6:30 and exercise! I don't have anything specific that I do, but I usually just do like push ups and sit ups and squats and things like that. Sometimes we go play volleyball at the church for that hour, and that's really fun. 
We get ready and have breakfast at 7:30. I usually eat a bagel, or a poptart, and I also have chocolate milk lots of mornings, or hot chocolate. So pretty much normal.
We have personal study at 8:30 and that's my favorite part of the day! I love the Book of Mormon. there are just so many wonderful things in there. I also study for our investigators, and study about whatever we are planning to teach them.
At 9:30 we have companion study. We share what we learned, sing a hymn, and recite our memorized things. (D&C section 4, the Standard of Truth, Our Purpose, a paragraph of the living Christ(that's different every week) and our scripture of the month) Then we plan our lessons and role play a lot too. ugh. hahah.
Then since I am a new missionary we have a additional hour of training, sometimes we do it at another point in the day if we have a lesson or something else going on. So then we have lunch, and I usually have mac n cheese (velveeta), pizza rolls, a frozen pizza or well yeah that's about it. So again, the normal stuff. 
We then go teach lessons, tract a little or do missionary things. hahah. We do have one recent convert, who had a stroke last week and is unresponsive and could die any minute really, so we have been going to see her. I met her once before her stroke and she was so great. I guess she told someone before her stroke that she wanted the sister missionaries to do a reading at her funeral. SOoooo.. yes. we have to do that whenever the funeral happens. hahah, wish me luck! 
We have dinner at whatever time it fits, sometimes with members, but sometimes just at home. I eat well you know. the same. bahah, I know I eat the dumbest food but it's delicious so oh well. I did have culver's once this last week! it was really good, and you should all try it. 
then we keep doing missionary things and at 9 we get home and do our nightly planning, plan for the next day! then we get ready for bed and sleep. Sleep is so wonderful, although I never feel like I get enough. But somehow I make it through everyday!! Heavenly Father is definitely helping me out. It's so cool, I feel the spirit so strong, and I have learned so much. I love being a missionary! it's hard, and a lot of work, and sometimes it's weird, but it's just so cool to be able to dedicate every minute of my life to doing the Lord's work. What a privilege!! 
I just focus on Heavenly Father and rely on the Spirit. Really, that's the key to this all! If you focus on all the help Heavenly Father is giving you, then it really isn't hard in that way. It's hard in the way of not being in your comfort zone, but having the Holy Ghost always with you and helping you is so wonderful. Also meeting everyone here and seeing how hard some people have it makes me so grateful. i have it so easy, so why should I complain about what i'm doing now? All I'm doing is serving, how hard is that? I have had a really easy life, and I am thankful for that. I can give up this short amount of time to help others find how much the gospel can help them in their truly hard and difficult lives.
Also I have almost been out an entire month so that's really cool! it's gone by so slow but at the same time I am like wow it's already been a month!! crazy. 
well that's all for now. I love you all tons, have the best week ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment