Friday, December 4, 2015

Sydney's last day in the MTC

This week has been so wonderful. First off, we got chick-fil-a last monday for dinner so I am really hoping we get that tonight because it was so dang good. Also Thanksgiving was like the best day ever. They kept telling us that we will remember that day for forever, and I wasn't so sure, but I know I will. Since me and my companion are sister training leaders we spent a lot of our wednesday and thursday learning about and setting up for the big service project. Our goal was to make 350,000 meals for families. We made 357,000. It was so much fun! I loved doing service for my Thanksgiving. What better way to spend the day? I also saw Elder Wilson during Thanksgiving dinner so that was nice (: We actually see each other a lot and it makes me so happy. We took a pic yesterday, but it was on his camera so hopefully he will send it out on his Pday. Also I will send pics later today. So also we got to watch 17 miracles on Thanksgiving and it was great. I think everyone is really movie deprived because we all laughed our heads off and the stupid jokes and all the girls awed and the cheesy romance. It was hilarious. We also had Elder Oaks of the Twelve Apostles come to speak to us!! That was the best ever. The spirit was so strong, and I loved everything he said. Also the very best part of the day and actually probably the most spiritual experience I have ever had was at night, after we had a little gratitude devotional we sang I Believe in Christ. The spirit was SO strong. A few lines into the song we all stood and sang and wow. We all got so much louder, it felt like there was a million of us in the room. Seriously, I could feel Christ there, and I felt like angels were there singing with us. It was amazing. I don't think I have ever had such a powerful moment like that in my life, but wow it was wonderful. This church is so true. Also Sundays are the best days ever. They totally refresh you after a long week. And everyone is so right, once you make it to the first sunday the rest of the time just flies by. This week went so fast and I loved every minute of it. I'm sad it's time to leave tonight! But I can't wait to get out and share the gospel with others. I know the Lord has prepared people for me to teach, and I can't wait to teach them. I know more than ever in my life that this gospel is true, and I am so thankful to be here. Also my district is still the best and I am so sad we have to leave them! I'm extra sad that 3 of them aren't even going to Wisconsin! We have all gotten so close, it'll be sad to leave them, but there are more great people to meet so it'll be ok. Oh also, my companion loves to sing so I went to choir last week and sung in the Tuesday devotional. I had no clue what was going on so I just pretended. Also last night we had a wonderful devotional, and the speaker told us that when we receive personal revelation, or the Holy Ghost tells us something, that we should write it down, and then ask Is there more? He challenged us all to do that during his talk last night and I learned so much from the Holy Ghost. I just kept getting more and more things last night, and it was so cool. If you really listen and are willing to do what's asked of you then you will learn more and more what you should do. Also in my district, we kept playing four square at gym, because everything else gets taken so fast so we are all now pros. It's great. I also learned (kind of) how to play basketball. (again, I didn't really know what was going on so I just pretended) The MTC is so great, but I'm glad it's time to head to Wisconsin tonight. I love you all so much and I hope you have the best week ever!
                                                        Sydney with her companion Sister Tidwell.
A drawing of the missionaries in her district. We think it's funny Sydney has a halo!
Sydney's district
Sydney and her cousin Caderik. She loved seeing him at the MTC. He is learning to speak Albanian so he will be there a little longer than Sydney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment