Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22,2016

So transfers are this week! I am staying here thank goodness! And my new companion will be Sister Gifford! She is up in Marquette Michigan right now which is in our zone, so I know her which is good, and I am excited! She is really nice and she has been out I think like a year. It's weird that I will be getting a different companion but I am excited and she has a really good attitude so I am excited for her to be in this area with me! 
This week was super great! We made chicken dumpling soup one day which was super delicious. Also we went to Red Robin to finally use those gift cards and we went with the STL's which was so much fun(: Red Robin is so yummy!! 
We had some super great lessons this week. The Elders were looking for a potential and they met this lady named K and they asked if they could pray with her and she let them in and they said they would send us over and she was really excited about that. When we taught her she said she had prayed to God Wednesday bc she had a car payment she needed to make and she didn't have any money, right after she prayed she checked her bank account and she had gotten her taxes back. So cool, she recognized that God had answered her prayers. She said that night when she got home the Elders knocked on her door and asked to pray and she felt that was a sign from God also! We said yes it was!!! Then we got to teach her on Friday and it was such a spiritual lesson. Seriously lessons like that make everything hard about missionary work just go away. This work is SO rewarding. We taught the restoration and she said it made so much sense, and she was so excited about the fact that we have a living prophet today. I was able to recite the First Vision to her and wow the spirit was so strong and it testified so strongly that I was speaking the truth. That Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and that he really was a true prophet. It was so cool. We even got her to pray at the end of the lesson! Usually people do not like to do that, and she was a little hesitant so we explained how we pray and she did it! It was really powerful. We get to teach her again tomorrow night and I am so excited! She has a cute little 1 year old named O and she isn't married but she's living with her boyfriend.. (literally everyone in Wisconsin...ugh) but she is so cool and she is really excited about the things we are teaching her and she really wants this for her life. 
ALSO WE SET A BAPTISM DATE WITH THE B Family!!! We set it with S, T and W!! Oh, I am so excited. My comp did not want to set a date, she didn't think they would say yes and she didn't even want to try. So I just asked them and they all agreed! Bro B had the biggest smile on his face the whole time, he is so excited to baptize his kids. They have all changed so much. It's been a long process, but they have all come so far and they are just so wonderful. I love them so much! I am so excited for their family and for the things to come for them . They are working towards the temple and it's just so amazing. I can't wait. Bro B has to make sure he can get work off for the date we set, but we are planning on March 26, so I hope and pray he will be free that day so we don't have to change it. Oh, I am just so excited for them. Seriously, being a missionary is so amazing. Heavenly Father gives me so much love for these people, it's incredible. I just want to help them so much, and I want them to have the same knowledge that I have. 
We did have one crazy experience this week! Ok, we have lots of crazy experiences, but this one hardcore tops them all.... So the Elders texted us another referral of this older Korean lady named A, they said it was a sad referral but that we should just stop by and meet her. Oh my!! We went by.. and she invited us right in, and got right to talking! She talked so much.. BUT. The first thing she talked about was how she had had 4 surgeries on her stomach and.. well somewhere else. Then she showed us!!! OH MY. It was horrible! Seriously I thought I was going to die. We just sat there traumatized. Bahahah. She just kept talking and talking, and at the end she did accept a BOM but she said her eyesight is really bad so I don't even think she can read it... I don't want to go back there, but I think we will give her a Korean BOM if we can get one and then see if it goes anywhere...
I can't remember what I said about B but we dropped her.. she never kept any appts and then she just stopped answering her phone and she kept lying to us about why she was missing appts, so we could tell she just didn't want it. Maybe she will be more prepared later, but for right now it just wasn't working out. 
We haven't been able to get in contact with A for a while.. she is too busy being a single mom. Poor girl.. I really want to keep teaching her, bc this gospel will bless her life so much so I hope she will find the time to meet with us. 
Ok also coolest thing in the whole universe. We drove up to Oconto Falls to take cookies to less actives and to try and visit with them and that went really well. But then on the drive there we saw a street names St. Killian rd!!! SO COOL. Then we saw a church down the road and I set I bet that's St. Killian's church and guess what! IT IS!! So yes. There is a church here with my last name. Best thing ever, bahahah. It was so great. I took pics of course! Also super cool, on the Personal Progress thing that they put all the names of girls that did personal progress there is one girl named Kimberly Killian in this ward that was on there! SO COOL! So yes, I am just so excited about those things. I thought it was so cool. 
So yeah, it was a good week. It's kinda crazy that my 12 weeks of being trained are over! It went way faster than I ever thought it would. I am just really thankful to be here, and I am so thankful for this gospel!! I love it so much, and I come to love it even more everyday. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment